Check out some of the best zero turn mowers consumer reports available in a variety of categories, based on those particular considerations, including price and quality.
A zero-turn mower is designed to maneuver in ways that more conventional ride-on mowers cannot, using lever control mechanisms to rotate the mower to a zero degree turning radius. This usually means that the zero turn mower can actually turn into a full circle within its footprint, ensuring you don’t overlook patches of grass due to the large turning radius.
- 1 Types of zero turn mowers
- 2 List Of Top Rated best zero turn mowers consumer reports
- 2.1 1. Craftsman Z525 Zero Turn Gas Powered Lawn Mower
- 2.2 2. Snapper 2691319 360z Mower, Riding, Zero Turn
- 2.3 3. Husqvarna Z254F 26HP 747cc Kohler Engine 54″ Z-Turn Mower
- 2.4 4. Husqvarna 967277501 Zero Turn Riding Mower
- 2.5 5. Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″ Zero Turn Mower
- 2.6 6. RYOBI RY48ZTR100 Riding Zero Turn Mower
- 2.7 7. Troy-Bilt 42 XP Mustang 22HP 42-inch Zero Turn Mower
- 3 Things To Consider When Choosing The Best Zero Turn Mower
Types of zero turn mowers
Zero turn mowers can be divided into two broad categories based on size, power and utility: commercial and residential.
Residential zero-turn mowers are smaller and less successful than commercial zero-turn mowers. They could be gas powered or electric, although gas powered zero turn mowers are much more popular and have a wider range of alternatives. This type of lawn mower is ideal for yards ranging from 1/3 acre to 4 acres, however, they may have trouble navigating fairly rough terrain and steep slopes. Unsurprisingly, residential zero-turn mowers will also be cheaper, more fuel (or battery) efficient, and easier to learn to control.
If you have to manage an extremely large area like a golf course or have several large yards to mow on a regular basis, then a commercial zero-turn mower makes more sense. These mowers are much more effective than residential zero-turn mowers and often have large cutting decks that can make your job a lot faster.
But all that power comes at a price literally. Commercial zero-turn mowers are a little more expensive than residential zero-turn mowers and you’ll also end up paying more in gas to get a gas-powered version. In fact, due to the size and power required to run a commercial zero-turn mower, this design is typically not accessible with electric or battery-powered choices.
List Of Top Rated best zero turn mowers consumer reports
- Craftsman Z525 Zero Turn Gas Powered Lawn Mower
- Snapper 2691319 360z Mower, Riding, Zero Turn
- Husqvarna Z254F 26HP 747cc Kohler Engine 54″ Z-Turn Mower
- Husqvarna 967277501 Zero Turn Riding Mower
- Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″ Zero Turn Mower
- RYOBI RY48ZTR100 Riding Zero Turn Mower
- Troy-Bilt 42 XP Mustang 22HP 42-inch Zero Turn Mower
Craftsman Z525 is best if you want to cover a large area because it accompanies a 67CC twin who is very fast and convenient for your lawns.
If you’re going to cut a vast area or big lawn, you should do all your work quickly. With its quick-start button, there will be no difficulty to turn it on; you can start this and perform your tasks.
It comes in 46 inches cutting deck to cut tall grass or can trim easily also, and it gives you clipping features so you can put all nutrition back to your lawn’s soil. You are provided underside cleaning and, through this deck, automatically get cleaned and save your time.
Moreover, cutting becomes more accessible and comfortable for you because while cutting, if you have to cut from the backside, you don’t need to stop your work and reverse the lawnmower.
However, you can continue cutting with its reverse setting. These products wheels are huge and can cover large areas very instantly.
Furthermore, the seat is cushioned and has a high ergonomic backrest to bring to the table good help so you can focus while cutting. It can turn around at 360 degrees, so if you want to perform work from any other direction, you can quickly complete your work.
If you are searching for a machine that will give you a simple time cutting, this is the item for you. This is very lightweight and small in size; due to this, you can keep it anywhere in your house or lawn.
- 46 inches cutting deck.
- 67CC twin motor.
- Small and lightweight.
- 360-degree rotation.
- Cutting, tripping, and clipping all in one.
- Ergonomic high backrest.
Snapper 2691319 has many features like an ear cargo bed that can easily bear up to 50-pound weight, so you can put as much weight as you want under this restriction.
You can use this product to add fertilizer or add nutrition to your soil on your lawn. You are given a Kawasaki FR651V V-Twin engine with a horsepower of 23, so you perform all required tasks.
It can cover 1.5 inches to 4.5 yards big enough for your big grassy lawn. Due to this, you can move backward or upward without any human effort. It comes in a steel frame, so there will be no chance of breakage or rust. This is very durable, comfortable, and perfect for your beautiful lawns.
Moreover, with 13 height adjustments, you can set cutting according to your lawn requirements. Not only this, you get 2 mulch and collection bags that you can buy easily.
One meter is there to inform you of fuel or your Snapper 360z Mower condition, so you are always acknowledged about this.
Furthermore, it has 48 cutting decks; due to this, you can cut or trim your grass and maintain your lawn’s condition. This is a versatile product because due to its small size and easy moving, you can keep it anywhere in your house.
The business-style foot-worked trimmer deck lift effectively lifts and changes the cutter deck conveniently for you. This is much better and durable than other zero lawnmowers.
- 48 inches cutting deck.
- 13 adjustable heights from 1.5 to 4.5 inches.
- Small in size and light in weight.
- The cargo bed can bear 50lbs weight.
- Easy moving with 23 horsepower.
Husqvarna Z254F engine comes in 26 horsepower that can work at the speed of 6.5 miles per hour; due to this speed, you can perform the cutting tasks at a very high rate.
If you have a big lawn, then its 54 inches deck is perfect for your big yard area. This much speed and features make this zero-turn mower the most demanding lawnmower.
Its edge-to-edge design not only increases its look but also improves its performance. Its framework consequently actuates or deactivates as the directing switches are moved outward or internal. Because of its good quality wheel, you can use this zero-turn mover on sloppy or rough areas without any extra effort. You have the option to utilize your new Husqvarna zero-turn riding yard cutter to cut up to 2.8 sections of land each hour at speeds up to 6.5.
Moreover, this can spin, move, or reverse quickly; also, you can reverse this without stopping your mower. Due to its LED light, you can use this in daylight or dark at night at the same speed.
Although Cup holder is there to give you drink or tea breaks during your long working days.
Thus, zero-turn cutters accompany a 15-inch sliding seat with a spring suspension hour meter to check the condition and quantity of fuel.
Fuel can fill up to 3.5 gallons in the fuel tank, which means you don’t need to fill fuel again and again. Auto parking breaks are best for sloppy or rough areas, and because of this, you can drive quickly on tough ways.
- 15 inches are a sliding seat with a meter checker.
- 3.5-gallon fuel capacity tank.
- 54 inches cutting deck.
- 26 horsepower engine with a quick start.
- Auto parking breaks and cup holder.
Husqvarna MZ61 61 gives you an incredible and most dependable motor with an astounding pace. Horsepower of 27 is large enough for you to drive up to 8.5 mph in upward ride and 5mph for reverse methods switch.
You can top off to 3.5-gallon fuel in your zero-turn riding cutter, and with this, you can cover multiple sections of land of the region.
It returns with one high seat and armrests so you can keep your arm in the lay situation on this while driving.
Guiding is highly delicate and straightforward to work any way you can turn this to your procured region. One vibration dampener and hand-holds are given to expand your solace level and execution.
Moreover, air acceptance innovation is utilized to eliminate the air from the deck’s base, and the upper side permits you to deal with your riding trimmer.
It has the alternative of sacking, mulching, and side release at first; mulching permits more cutting edges to cut grass all the more successfully.
Packing offers the chance to gather cutting-like side release toss grass cutting on the ground.
Furthermore, the deck size is 61 inches and 3 in number sharp edges in this manner; you can cut all grass with these cutting edges in next to no time.
With 12 tallness settings, you can change your necessary stature. The hydrostatic stuff transmission highlight is wonderful to drive on messy or level yards; likewise, you can handle all highlights accessible in this riding trimmer.
- One high seat and armrest.
- 61 inches cutting deck with 3 sharp edges.
- 12 high setting and 3.5-gallon fuel.
- Fast engine with 27 horsepower.
- Light in weight and accessible moving features.
Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″ provides you 4 I/2 cutting deck to achieve your perfect lawn or grass. Also, it comes with 3 sharp blades and can wash these blades or mowers after every use.
This is very durable and comfortable for everyone to use this fantastic lawnmower.
It has a 726 cc two engine with a horsepower of 23; due to this much performance, Ariens is a perfect product for your home. It handles even steep knocks and slopes easily. As a driver, you don’t see any pass in power thus,
Moreover, even though you will not need to go over it again on a level yard, the no-turn includes implies you could cut right back over it.
If there is any sloppy or bumpy lawn, this is the exact product for you because it can trim and cut grass on any surface type.
Furthermore, weight is 871 lbs that can handle heavyweight also and because of 18 inches wheel weight cab be distributed on both, although, size and weight are significantly less so you can take this anywhere.
It comes completely collected, which means you can get directly to cutting the grass and not going through a long period perusing guidance manuals and assembling the trimmer.
The seat is high by taking care of your neck and one armrest so your arm can also get rest with a cup holder to have tea or drink while riding for your refreshment.
Cutting deck height can be adjusted from 1.5 inches to 4.5 inches so you can your acquired position.
- 726 cc twin-engine and 23 horsepower.
- 4 ½ Cutting deck and 3 sharps blades.
- 1.5 inches to 4.5 inches height adjustment.
- 871 lbs weight with 18 inches wheels.
RYOBI 42 in. 100 turn riding trimmer is fueled by a strong 100Ah battery which drives four brushless engines. 42 inches steel deck is given to cut or trim your lawn according to your requirement.
Height can be adjustable from 1.5 to 4.5; because of this, you can quickly complete your cutting task.
Moreover, 12 different allows you to get your required cutting height. Through forward, upward and reverse functions, you can cut grass in any direction, not only this; if you want to cut from reverse, you could do that without stopping your lawnmower.
Furthermore, this is perfect for medium to large lawns and pretty good for 3 acres.
With its low-speed setting, the driver could adjust this mower speed according to the lawn’s condition.
One LED light is there so that you can use this lawnmower on nights or in areas; also, these lights are on the power-saving mode that will not contain an extra battery.
The double handles mean you can get that zero point turn exactness, and these are shrouded in a delicate shape to ensure they stay agreeable even after delayed use.
One cup holder is given so you can enjoy tea or coffee refreshment during your ride, and with a USB port, you can put your phone on charging. Two cushion lap bars are used to control the framework in zero-turn mowers.
Through battery indicator, you can quickly get access to your battery’s condition and change it accordingly.
- 42 inches deck with 1.5 to 4.5 height adjustment.
- 12 different settings.
- LED lights on low power mode.
- Cup holder, USB port, and comfortable seat.
Troy-Bilt 42 XP Mustang 22HP has a powerful twin-engine that works very fast and completes your entire task according to your requirement.
With 22 horsepower, it can efficiently perform work, and 42 inches deck has duel sharp blades to cut all grass. There are 8 different positions where you can set your deck height.
Another, more extended casing the two builds extra space and makes the trimmer steadier on the unpleasant territory; thus, this is accurate for your small or medium lawn.
The lawnmower cutter uses a fuel-tasting single-chamber motor with a lot of force for week-by-week cutting.
Moreover, you are given one 18 inches high seat that is very comfortable for your back or neck. You don’t need to wash the deck separately; it gets automatically washed with its washing feature. One hitch is behind this mover, so if you need to convey an additional truck or anything, you can connect it with this.
Furthermore, you can cut your grass from any direction, and if you want to cut from reverse, you can without stopping your lawnmower at 2.5 miles per hour. One hitch is behind this mover, so if you need to pass on an extra truck or anything, you can associate it with this. You are provided good quality wheel that can bear heavyweight, and it can easily walk in the sloppy or bumpy area. While buying this, you get a 3-year limited warranty.
Due to its 700 pounds, this product is very lightweight, and you can keep this at any place and take it anywhere.
- 22 horsepower twin engine.
- 22 inches deck with 8 different positions.
- 18 inches high comfortable seat.
- 3-year limited warranty.
- The reverse speed is 2.5.
Things To Consider When Choosing The Best Zero Turn Mower
Before making a purchase, consider these important product features to discover the best zero turn mower for your cutting needs.
Yard Size And Universe Type
One of the main considerations to take into consideration is the size and type of terrain you will be cutting.
- Residential zero-turn mowers are not acceptable for rough terrain or for mowing an incline that exceeds 15 levels. Also, these light zero turn mowers are not intended for everyday use and will run faster than commercial zero turn mowers if they are used with the same frequency. This mower mode is meant for yards spanning from 1/3 acre to 4 acres.
- Commercial zero-turn mowers are much more capable of maneuvering steep slopes and over rough terrain, although for rather demanding terrain, consider a garden tractor rather. Commercial zero-turn mowers are even more robust and durable, designed for repeated use on a daily basis. Use this type of lawn mower on lawns exceeding 4 acres in size or if you need to mow multiple large lawns frequently.
Gas Vs Electric
While gas-powered zero-turn mowers are more popular, recent improvements in battery technology have contributed to similar electric zero-turn mowers that are an excellent option for smaller lawns.
- Gas zero turn mowers have a wider price range as this zero turn mower design is significantly more popular than the newer electric type. Gas generators are more effective than electric lawn mowers, but they also weigh more and require routine gas refills.
- Electric zero-turn mowers are a relatively new invention and therefore are usually priced just like mid-sized gas-powered zero-turn mowers. The electric type is not quite as successful as an industrial gasoline zero-turn lawn mower, however it will have similar power to a mid-range residential gasoline zero-plug. A big advantage of owning an electric kettle is that you should never cover the gas – just keep the batteries charged to find the finished task.
The power (HP) also increases the energy output of a zero turn mower engine can range from as little as 10 HP to over 25 HP.
- The 10 to 20 HP zero turn mowers are a perfect alternative for smaller yards using relatively flat terrain. This amount of power is adequate for 1 acre or less, but isn’t the best alternative for numerous properties. Most residential generators fall into the category.
- The 20 to 25 HP zero turn mowers are still a great mid-range alternative that falls into the category of domestic lawn mowers. These generators are built to handle larger yards of approximately 3 acres, provided the terrain is not too demanding and the slopes do not exceed 15 degrees.
- Zero turn mowers of 25 HP and above are almost exclusively in the category of industrial mowers. These powerful machines have been developed for repeated and routine use on very large plots of land, such as a golf course or several large construction sites.
Gas Tank Capacity
Fuel tank capacity is a key consideration for gas powered zero turn mowers. It doesn’t matter how fast or hard the car runs in case it runs out of gas until the job can be completed. For property plots of 5 acres or more, choose a zero-turn mower that has a tank of at least 18 liters.
If you will be using the zero-turn mower for 4 acres or less, a 14-gallon gas tank can be used. For smaller areas, a 9-liter gas tank will ensure you can mow your entire lawn without having to stop and refuel.
Single-cylinder and twin-cylinder engines
Zero turn mowers can be equipped with a single cylinder engine or even a twin cylinder engine.
- Single-cylinder engines are significantly less fuel efficient, but could be extremely noisy as they are more vulnerable to increased vibrations. However, zero-turn mowers that use single-cylinder engines are more affordable and may be all you need if you just mow once a week.
- Twin-cylinder engines are far better for regular mowing as they are more fuel-efficient and more durable than single-cylinder engines. This type of zero-turn mower greatly reduces vibration, but also comes at a higher cost.
The cutting deck is the lined area of a zero turn mower where the blades rotate to reduce the yard. The size of the deck may differ from a small 81cm trim deck suitable for construction sites under 3 acres to a large 155cm trim deck intended for construction sites or golf courses larger than 3 acres.
While it may seem like the best choice for buying the largest potential deck size in your budget to mow as quickly as possible, this could be counterproductive. Consider if your lawn has any barriers that it would be difficult to move between. If it does, then you’d better use a smaller bridge that could maneuver around objects in your lawn.
Battery life and autonomy
Battery life and range are only applicable to electric zero-turn mowers and again are determined by many different aspects. As an example, the era of this mower; the way the lawn mower is pushed; the type of soil in which it is used; bicycle treads for ground grip power; and the weight of this zero turn mower could affect the life of a battery.
Battery power is usually expressed in amperes / hour (aH), with a normal range of 75 aH to 100 aH. Batteries that use 75 aH are recommended for lawns of two yards or less, while 100 aH batteries can mow about 3 acres on a single charge. In case you have a larger yard or several yards to mow, consider investing in more than 1 battery so you can replace them.
If you are looking for a brand new zero turn mower, keep in mind that you will be sitting on this particular machine, so the seat should be comfortable enough to drive the machine for an extended period of time. Start looking for features that help reduce operator fatigue, such as a generously padded seat cushion and a high back.
You may also need to find an included lawn mower with padded armrests and an adjustable seat position so you can move the seat up or slide it back. This allows you to easily operate the levers regardless of your height.
Controllers on a zero-turn mower typically don’t have a foot pedal. Instead, you only have two levers that deliver power to the drive wheels once you push them forward (away from the driver). One lever controls the drive wheel on the ideal side of this mower, while another lever controls the drive wheel on the left side.
When there are no substantial differences between controls on zero-turn versions of mowers, consider something that includes ergonomic, cushioned cushioning to reduce hand fatigue during use. This pad will also help you grab the levers, even if your palms get sweaty from the hot sun.
The tires on virtually any automobile or wheeled car are all made to help guide the movement of this item. The drive wheels on a zero turn mower move forward, but they also help grab the floor so you can turn efficiently. All zero-turn mowers have comparable air-filled tires like those you’d find on a go-kart.
Consider the type of terrain you have and the total amount of rainy weather locally. When your zero turn mower is likely to run on rather wet grass or difficult terrain, look for a product with very heavy treads; this extra grip will allow you to accelerate and turn smoothly, even in bad circumstances.
Weight is another significant aspect to consider in regards to how you need your lawn mower to function. Lightweight zero-turn mowers tend to be more fuel efficient, but they may not have enough power to efficiently complete the job when you have a huge yard or several meters to complete at a time. These milder zero-turn mowers can also be more difficult to control in difficult, wet or sloping terrain as they don’t grip the ground other than thicker zero-turn mowers.
Heavy zero-turn mowers normally fall into the category of gas-powered commercial outlets. These mowers are expensive and have a continuous fuel price. But while thicker zero-turn mowers tend to be a little less petrol and battery-efficient, they’re more powerful and easier to control.
Zero turn mowers are large, powerful machines that will be extremely dangerous. For this reason, many manufacturers specifically assemble safety features, such as railway brakes, headlights, and an auto-off function.
- Parking wheels are an essential safety feature for mowing sloping terrain. This simple addition to your lawn mower can protect you in case you have to get out of the machine for any reason while you are mowing.
- Headlights are arguably more of an extra feature than a safety feature, as you usually mow the yard during daylight hours. But if you still have another 30 minutes of mowing to finish and the sun has set, these headlights can allow you to complete the task by making sure you can see correctly.
- An auto shut-off feature has been created to turn off the zero turn mower as you feel that the driver of this mower is no longer seated. This safety feature ensures that the mower will not continue to operate if you let it maneuver a barrier out of the way or if you accidentally fall over while cutting.